Diesel Labs is seeking a Data Specialist to help manage the growing data infrastructure that powers our products. At Diesel, data specialists are media and entertainment subject matter experts who develop and maintain data collection algorithms while ensuring accuracy across all incoming data streams. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing company guiding key decisions in today’s ever-changing media landscape.
The ideal candidate for this role has both technical ability as well as a passion for and deep knowledge of all things media. Experience on cross-functional teams (including but not limited to R&D, product and operations) is a plus. This role is currently remote and will report to our Director of Data Engineering.
About Diesel Labs
Diesel Labs is a Content Intelligence company that measures audience attention across the entire entertainment landscape to help answer the toughest questions facing media companies today: what to make, where to market and how to measure success. We analyze millions of audience members’ engagements with content on all the major social and video platforms including (but not limited to) Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook and Instagram. Our data solutions provide a comprehensive layer of insight that media companies depend on when making key content and marketing decisions in the effort to build audience engagement and subscribership.
– Conduct primary and secondary research on market-specific content to serve as inputs into library and algorithm development
– Develop, maintain and quality check the performance of data ingest algorithms to ensure top quality data collection
– Manage data pipelines that move data across systems and develop solutions that help internal and external clients make data-driven decisions
– Analyze large volumes of data to identify insights, gaps, and inconsistencies
– Work with internal stakeholders to deliver data, assess trends, develop client-ready deliverables
– Influence the strategy and roadmap for building efficient data solutions and scalable data warehouse plans
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business intelligence, data analytics, communications or similar fields
– Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
– Ability to work independently and with remote collaborators
– Strong research and analytical skills, excellent problem solving and communication skills
– Detail oriented, sense of urgency and follow through on assigned tasks
– Able to learn new technologies quickly – not afraid to ask questions
– Experience or strong desire to learn all aspects of data management and analytics tools such as: Excel, SQL, Python as well as data ETL (extract, transform, load) design, implementation, and maintenance
– Foreign language skills are a bonus
– Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
– Must be 18 years or older
– Compensation package includes competitive base salary and meaningful equity
– Full healthcare benefits
– Company 401k
– Unlimited PTO